Maths Week resources are written at five levels as follows (although not all sections have material at all levels – see details below).
- Level 1 – primarily for Years 1 and 2.
- Level 2 – primarily for Years 3 and 4.
- Level 3 – primarily for Years 5 and 6.
- Level 4 – primarily for Years 7 and 8.
- Level 5 – primarily for Years 9, 10 and 11.
Maths Week resources are either quizzes or worksheets.
- Quizzes have short answer questions or multiple choice questions.
- Worksheets provide mathematical activities and questions. They can be downloaded and printed by teachers.
The 2023 Maths Week resources are as follows.
- The Maths Chaser/Whai Pāngarau. Quizzes at each of levels 2 – 5, with a quiz for each day during Maths Week. An in-class activity. The quizzes can be downloaded and printed by teachers. PowerPoint versions of these quizzes are also available.
- Maths Millionaire/Kaipāngarau Whai Rawa. Quizzes, with Years 3 – 5, Years 6 – 8, Years 9 – 11 and family divisions, and with a quiz for each day during Maths Week. The questions for each day are based on a theme. Each quiz is completed on-line. Those who answer all questions correctly can print a certificate. The quizzes for Years 3 – 5 and Years 6 – 8 have also been translated into te reo Mā
- Managing My Money/Whakahaeretia Aku Moni. Quizzes to support financial capability, with one quiz at level 4 and five quizzes at level 5 (each on a particular theme). Each quiz is completed on-line.
- Daily Dollar/Ko te Tāra o te Rā. Worksheets at each of levels 1 – 5. A record sheet (a Word version and a spreadsheet version) for teachers to keep a cumulative class record for this series is available with the other Daily Dollar teacher resources.
- Survivor Series/Kia Mōrehurehu. Worksheets for in-class tasks at each of levels 1 – 5 for each day during Maths Week. Each day’s tasks have a theme (the same theme for all levels).
- The Basket of Mathematics/Te kete o te Pāngarau. Five worksheets on various mathematical topics. Primarily written for Years 9 – 11 but could be suitable for some in Years 7 and 8.
- Super Challenge/Kua takoto te Manuka. One mathematical challenge question each day for Monday - Thursday during Maths Week. Answers are submitted on-line on the last day of Maths Week. Those who submit correct answers for the questions and the total can print a certificate. Answers and any other notes are available for teachers on the Tuesday in the week following Maths Week.
- Games. Interactive games that students can access on their electronic devices.