Maths Week is an event held in schools each August under the auspices of the New Zealand Association of Mathematics Teachers (NZAMT). The event is sponsored by NZAMT and the Ministry of Education. For Maths Week, a team of writers prepares a variety of resources that teachers and students can use.
NZAMT is seeking a Lead Writer/Editor for the Maths Week team. Responsibilities include:
- leading the team of writers (typically about five or six)
- checking the material produced by writers
- liaising with the Maths Week website manager
- producing Maths Week notices and reports and other documents
- managing various aspects of the Maths Week processes
and may include writing some resources.
The role requires a sound mathematical knowledge and of English.
The following skills and experience would be beneficial in this role:
- leading a small team
- checking and formatting documents
- experience with Word drawing tools and Excel.
Maths Week is funded by the Ministry of Education. An honorarium is paid to the writing team.
The role would suit someone who does not hold a full-time position.
Anyone interested in the position should contact the NZAMT President as above in the first instance.