Thank you for all your entries! We are hard at work going through them all and we'll notify the winners in the next 2 weeks.
This year is the 25th anniversary of Maths Week!
The first Maths Week was held in 1998.
To mark the occasion, we are holding a “Design a Maths Week logo” competition. The competition will be open to all students in Year 1 – 11.
WIN a $150 Prezzy Card!
This is a competition for all students in Years 1 – 11 to design a Maths Week logo. The competition is being held under the auspices of the New Zealand Association of Mathematics Teachers (NZAMT).
- The logo must have the words Aotearoa New Zealand Maths Week in it.
- Logos can be hand-drawn, and scanned or photographed for entry, or they can be computer drawn. Entries are submitted on the Maths Week website.
- Entrants provide their name and other details on the website when entries are submitted.
- Files submitted must be under 5MB in size and must be a jpeg, png or pdf file format.
- There will be four categories for entries: one for entrants in Years 1 – 3, one for entrants in Years 4 – 6, one for entrants in years 7 and 8, and one for entrants in Years 9 – 11. A $100 Prezzy Card prize will be awarded to the best entry in each category. The best overall entry of these will win a $150 Prezzy Card prize (but not the category prize). Supplementary prizes of $20 Prezzy cards may also be awarded for entrants who do not win a category prize but whose entries attract the judges’ attention.
- Entries must be submitted during Maths Week. Prize winners will be notified, and their names and school names will be put on the Maths Week website about two weeks after the end of Maths Week. Parental/caregiver approval will be sought for this. A parent/caregiver or an entrant may decline to have the entrant’s name posted on the website.
- The winning entry may be used in 2023 and subsequent years. The winner gives ownership of the logo to NZAMT. The winning entry may be recreated for digital use.